“I like this sour cream chicken because you can make it ahead of time. Simply chill the chicken and sour cream mixture together overnight. Then coat with bread crumbs the next day." Nancy Stec — Upperco, MD
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Coat chicken with sour cream mixture, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Arrange chicken on a rack in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Drizzle with butter; bake 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Chicken in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p47
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sour Cream Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review