Sour Cream Chicken
“I like this sour cream chicken because you can make it ahead of time. Simply chill the chicken and sour cream mixture together overnight. Then coat with bread crumbs the next day." Nancy Stec — Upperco, MD
4 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine first seven
- ingredients. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Coat
- chicken with sour cream mixture, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Arrange chicken on a rack in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Drizzle with butter; bake 15-20 minutes
- or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 365 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 899 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a