- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons celery salt
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1-1/4 cups seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (2 to 3 pounds), cut up and skin removed
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a shallow bowl, combine first seven ingredients. Place bread crumbs in a separate shallow bowl. Coat chicken with sour cream mixture, then coat with bread crumbs.
- Arrange chicken on a rack in a foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes. Drizzle with butter; bake 15-20 minutes or until juices run clear. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Sour Cream Chicken
Sort By :
"Easy to prepare and it tasted great!"
"very good. Next time may experiment with other spices. Also up the oven time to 1 hour total."
"This was delicious. I followed the recipe exactly except I used just legs and thighs. Very moist and tasted great. Will definitely make again but may decrease the amount of sour cream and spices by about a quarter as I had a lot left over."
"My husband & I both loved this chicken! It was so moist and flavorful. I look forward to making it many more times!"
"This was just ok. I made it exactly as stated, except I had no celery salt. Maybe that is why it seemed so bland? Seemed like a waste of sour cream. I would try this again, but would flavor the sour cream more. It was good in the bowl, but after the chicken cooked we couldn't detect much flavor. I did use Italian panko bread crumbs for more crunch. This is a good, solid recipe, but not outstanding, sorry to say. Glad I tried it, though! BTW, the sauce was at least twice what was needed--i threw a lot out after using it."