Sour Cream Cherry Pie
“If I can beat the birds to our cherry tree, I'll make this luscious pie. Otherwise, strawberries or blueberries can be substituted. It's especially good served warm with vanilla bean ice cream." —Betty Wingo, Marshall, Arkansas
8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min. + chilling
- 3 cups pitted frozen tart cherries, thawed, drained and patted dry
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Arrange cherries evenly in the pastry shell. Dot with butter. In a
- large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the
- eggs, sour cream and lemon juice. Spread evenly over cherries.
- Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30
- minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool for 1 hour on a wire
- rack. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before cutting. Refrigerate
- leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 473 calories, 15 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 81 mg cholesterol, 285 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.