Sour Cream Cherry Pie Recipe
- 3 cups pitted frozen tart cherries, thawed, drained and patted dry
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1-3/4 cups plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. Arrange cherries evenly in the pastry shell. Dot with butter. In a large bowl, combine 1-3/4 cups sugar, flour and salt. Stir in the eggs, sour cream and lemon juice. Spread evenly over cherries. Sprinkle with remaining sugar.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 30 minutes longer or until topping is set. Cool for 1 hour on a wire rack. Refrigerate for 3-4 hours before cutting. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece: 473 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 81mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 79g carbohydrate (54g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Sour Cream Cherry Pie
"This pie is amazing! I made it once, then had to triple the recipe for all my extended family! The only thing is that it takes longer to cook then the recipe states. I cooked it like the recipe said 400 for 10min, the 350 for 30 min THEN I cooked it an additional 20 min at 325. My cherries are off my tree and must be extra juicy! This is so delicious!"
"This was very good and very easy to make, I used store-bought frozen pie crust, I am too lazy to make my own crust, so I liked that this did not need a top crust. I actually spread the sour cream mixture over two pies as there was plenty to do so. Next time, though, I would cut all the cherries in halves, or even quarters, to allow the fresh cherry flavour"
"I made this with both blueberries and cherries. My family liked the bluebrerry the best!"
"Thanks Betty...cherry pie is my very favorite. I'll try it as soon as my pie cherries are ripe...if the birds don't eat every last one! Julie"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.