Sour Cream Cheesecake Recipe
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Cherry pie filling
- 1. Arrange cake slices in two overlapping layers on the bottom and around the sides of a 10-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Add sour cream and vanilla; beat just until combined. Pour over cake slices. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, spread sour cream over cheesecake; top with cherry pie filling. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 piece: 429 calories, 25g fat (16g saturated fat), 167mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (33g sugars, trace fiber), 7g protein
Reviews for Sour Cream Cheesecake
"This is an awesome cheesecake! Easy to make and the crust makes it different and not overly sweet."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.