Sour Cream Cheesecake Recipe
This smooth cheesecake is not overly sweet, and the pound cake makes a convenient crust. It's a tradition at holiday time.—Nick Mescia, Surprise, Arizona
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Cherry pie filling
- 1. Arrange cake slices in two overlapping layers on the bottom and around the sides of a 10-in. springform pan; set aside.
- 2. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Add sour cream and vanilla; beat just until combined. Pour over cake slices. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, spread sour cream over cheesecake; top with cherry pie filling. Yield: 12-14 servings.
1 piece: 429 calories, 25g fat (16g saturated fat), 167mg cholesterol, 188mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream Cheesecake
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC