This smooth cheesecake is not overly sweet, and the pound cake makes a convenient crust. It's a tradition at holiday time.—Nick Mescia, Surprise, Arizona
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Cherry pie filling
- Arrange cake slices in two overlapping layers on the bottom and around the sides of a 10-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Add sour cream and vanilla; beat just until combined. Pour over cake slices. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, spread sour cream over cheesecake; top with cherry pie filling. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Cheesecake in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p47
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2009
"This is an awesome cheesecake! Easy to make and the crust makes it different and not overly sweet."