This smooth cheesecake is not overly sweet, and the pound cake makes a convenient crust. It's a tradition at holiday time.—Nick Mescia, Surprise, Arizona
- 1 loaf (10-3/4 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed and cut into 1/8-inch slices
- 3 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-3/4 cup sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4 cups (32 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Cherry pie filling
- Arrange cake slices in two overlapping layers on the bottom and around the sides of a 10-in. springform pan; set aside.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Add eggs; beat on low just until combined. Add sour cream and vanilla; beat just until combined. Pour over cake slices. Bake at 350° for 60-70 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove sides of pan. Just before serving, spread sour cream over cheesecake; top with cherry pie filling. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Cheesecake in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p47
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Cheesecake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jul. 3, 2009
"This is an awesome cheesecake! Easy to make and the crust makes it different and not overly sweet."