Sour Cream Cheese Puffs Recipe
These cute little puffs are the hit of almost any menu! From a wedding rehearsal dinner to Super Bowl party, I make them for all occasions. —Annie Darling, Minneapolis, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min. YIELD:40 servings
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/3 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tubes (12 ounces each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, sour cream, red pepper, onion, lemon juice, dill and pepper until blended.
- 2. Cut each biscuit in half horizontally; press into greased miniature muffin cups. Place a rounded tablespoonful of cream cheese mixture in each cup.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 14-16 minutes or until golden brown. Sprinkle with cilantro. Serve warm. Yield: 40 appetizers.
1 appetizer equals 74 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 164 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC