Sour Cream Cheddar Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 5 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 teaspoons onion salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Drain.
- Mash potatoes with 3 tablespoons of butter. Stir in the cream cheese, sour cream, onion salt, garlic powder and pepper until smooth.
- Spoon into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Melt remaining butter; drizzle over the top. Cover and freeze for up to 1 month. Or bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until heated through.
- To use frozen potatoes: Thaw in the refrigerator. Bake as directed. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Rich Mashed Potatoes in Quick Cooking November/December 1999, p52
Reviews for Sour Cream Cheddar Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 10, 2011
These were amazing. I used garlic salt and broiled them for a few minutes on low right before serving.