Sour Cream Cardamom Waffles
Cardamom has such a delicate flavor. I've been making coffee cakes with this interesting spice for years, and now I found a use for it in waffles. More often than not, my family will request these waffles instead of plain ones.Ruth Andrewson, Leavenworth, Washington
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- Dash salt
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs, separated
- Honey or syrup
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, cardamom
- and salt. In a small bowl, combine the milk, sour cream, butter and
- egg yolks; stir into dry ingredients just until combined. Beat egg
- whites until stiff peaks form; fold into batter.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's
- directions until golden brown (waffles will be soft). Serve with
- honey or syrup. Yield: 6 waffles (about 6-1/2 inches).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 271 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 216 mg sodium, 27 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 6 g protein.