Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins Recipe
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and 3/4 cup sugar. In a small bowl, combine eggs and sour cream; stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins(30)
Sort By :
I really liked the simplicity of these muffins. Not the most flavorful muffins I've had, but still very good.
I made these with fat free Greek yogurt for the sour cream and half a cup of egg whites for the eggs to reduce the fat & calorie count. I also reduced the sugar to about two thirds of a cup, with none for topping. Next time I want to try adding some lemon flavoring.
I used parchment paper liners and they only stuck a little even with the lower fat substitutions.
I love that these are so quick to prepare.
Quick and delicious. I will make them again.
These are very moist and make big muffins. I think I could have gotten 13 or 14 muffins from the recipe. The first time I made them I greased the tin but they stuck to the pan. I used paper muffin cups the next time.
This is a pretty awesome recipe. The only thing I did was cut back on some of the sugar.