- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and 3/4 cup sugar. In a small bowl, combine eggs and sour cream; stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
Sort By :
"I divided this recipe in half, since there are only three in our family. I'm sorry that I did.... as these came out so DEE-LISH - I'm sure I will be making more tomorrow!!!I also substituted the sugar for 4 packets of Splenda (remember, I only used half of all ingredients).Also, I baked at 400 degrees for exactly 19 minutes - I used small muffin tins (the kind that you buy at the dollar store that are 6 muffins to a tin), and used parchment liners.They came out perfect! The sour cream made these muffins so moist and tasty.TY for sharing. I normally NEVER bake, but most recently was told by my doctor that I have to cut my sugar consumption, I figured that I'd give it a try. The muffins that they sell at ShopRite that use artificial sweeteners are normally tasteless and hard. Not these!!!TY again!"
"These were good, but when I made them the second time, I added a (drained) small jar of maraschino cherries, halved, some pecans, then melted some vanilla chips with a little cream for a frosting. They were fantastic."
"I really liked the simplicity of these muffins. Not the most flavorful muffins I've had, but still very good."
"I made these with fat free Greek yogurt for the sour cream and half a cup of egg whites for the eggs to reduce the fat & calorie count. I also reduced the sugar to about two thirds of a cup, with none for topping. Next time I want to try adding some lemon flavoring.I used parchment paper liners and they only stuck a little even with the lower fat substitutions.I love that these are so quick to prepare."
"Quick and delicious. I will make them again."