- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and 3/4 cup sugar. In a small bowl, combine eggs and sour cream; stir into the dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
"These muffins are delicious! I used my homemade biscuit mix instead of store-bought, which worked great. I will definitely be making them again!"
"These were wonderful! But instead of sour cream, I used blueberry yogurt. Also, I used fresh, instead of frozen, blueberries."
"I did not use a biscuit mix; just looked up the equivalent individual ingredients. They did not look that beautiful (kinda blah-looking) but tasted delicious! Streusel topping would no doubt be great for looks and taste:)"
"Absolutely wonderful! Followed recipe exact and nothing is overpowering in this. It has perfect balance of everything! I will make again. My daughter has asked for a streusel topping to be added next time. Ohhhhh, I did use a can of blueberries (drained extremely well) instead of frozen or fresh."
"These were ok. They took 17-19 min to bake."