Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
"When we were growing up, my mom made these warm, delicious muffins on chilly mornings," recalls Tory Ross of Cincinnati, Ohio. "I'm now in college and enjoy baking them for friends."
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix and 3/4 cup sugar. In a
- small bowl, combine eggs and sour cream; stir into the dry
- ingredients just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining
- sugar. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes
- out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 195 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.