Sour Cream Blueberry Muffins
When we were growing up, my mom made these warm, delicious muffins on chilly mornings. I'm now in college and enjoy baking them for friends. —Tory Ross, Cincinnati, Ohio
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 3/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix and
- 3/4 cup sugar. In a small bowl, combine eggs and sour cream; stir
- into the dry ingredients just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
- Fill greased muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with remaining
- sugar. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin
- comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire
- rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 muffin equals 195 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 48 mg cholesterol, 272 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.