Sour Cream Blueberry Coffee Cake Recipe
OOzing with blueberry flavor, this coffee cake is tender and moist with a topping of brown sugar, cinnamon and oats.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling YIELD:12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup quick-cooking oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and baking soda. In another bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Pour into a 9-in. square baking pan coated with cooking spray.
- 2. For topping, in a bowl, combine the brown sugar, oats and cinnamon; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over the batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12 servings.
One piece equals 242 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 31 mg cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC