Store-bought blintzes speed up the preparation of this rich blueberry souffle. "This wonderful brunch entree tastes great with just about any breakfast meat served alongside," says Iris Katz of Pompano Beach, Florida. TIP: "Top it with additional sour cream or ice cream," Iris recommends. More Breakfast Meat Recipes »
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 packages (13 ounces each) frozen blueberry blintzes
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1-1/2 cups (12 ounces) sour cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Confectioners' sugar, optional
- Place butter in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Top with blintzes. In a large bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, sugar, orange juice and vanilla. Pour over blintzes.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 55 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned and a knife inserted in the egg mixture comes out clean. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Blintz Souffle in Quick Cooking July/August 2005, p56
Reviews for Sour Cream Blueberry Blintz Souffle
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 31, 2013
"I made these with regular blintzes and it was a nice, easy change of pace for a special holiday morning breakfast. Light, creamy and a little sweet. I served sausages on the side. It's a keeper."
Reviewed Mar. 23, 2012
"This recipe came off the box of king koldcrepes. I have been making this for years. Glad to have it in my recipe box instead of keeping the cardboard cutout."