I got this recipe from my uncle's mother. These crisp cookies are perfect for dunking in milk or coffee.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons almond or vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in sour cream and extract. Combine dry ingredients; add to creamed mixture.
- Line two baking sheets with foil; grease the foil. Divide dough into thirds. On a floured surface, shape dough into three 8-in. x 2-1/2-in. x 3/4-in. loaves; place on foil. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden. Remove from the oven. Lift loaves with foil onto a wire rack; cool for 15 minutes.
- Place on a cutting board; using a serrated knife, slice diagonally 3/4 in. thick. Place slices, cut side down, on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Turn cookies over; bake 10 minutes longer. Cool on wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Sour Cream Biscotti in Country Extra September 1997, p51
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Biscotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review