- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 can (15 ounces) pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) enchilada sauce
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, undrained
- 1-1/2 cups crushed corn chips
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- Additional corn chips
- Crumble beef into an ungreased 2-qt. microwave-safe dish; cover with waxed paper. Cook on high for 3-4 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, stirring twice; drain. Stir in the beans, enchilada sauce, 1 cup of cheese, chilies, crushed corn chips and onion. Cover and microwave on high for 2 to 2-1/2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once.
- Top with the sour cream and remaining cheese. Heat, uncovered, at 70% power for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Serve with corn chips. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Beef 'N' Beans in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p55
Reviews for Sour Cream Beef 'N' Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Feb. 21, 2011
"So good!! This is going to be a new family favorite for sure, we just can't stop eating it!Made a fun weekend meal, with a fresh green salad on the side - a healthy meal the kids give two thumbs up!"
Reviewed Feb. 1, 2011
"This is my daughter's favorite"
Reviewed Jun. 9, 2009
"We added taco seasoning and used pepperjack cheese instead of cheddar and it was a huge hit for my five kids."