Sour Cream Bavarian Recipe
- 1 envelope unflavored gelatin
- 3/4 cup cold water
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups fat-free whipped topping
- RASPBERRY SAUCE:
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen raspberries in syrup, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- In a small saucepan, sprinkle gelatin over cold water; let stand for 1 minute. Add sugar; cook and stir over low heat until gelatin and sugar are completely dissolved. Remove from the heat. Whisk in sour cream and vanilla. Refrigerate until slightly thickened.
- Fold in whipped topping. Pour into a 4 cup heart-shaped or other shape mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate until firm.
- For sauce, drain raspberries, reserving syrup; set berries aside. Add enough water to the syrup to measure 3/4 cup. In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and sugar. Stir in syrup mixture until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in berries. Refrigerate until serving.
- To serve, unmold dessert onto a serving plate; top with raspberry sauce. Yield: 8 servings (1-1/4 cups sauce).
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Bavarian
Sort By :
"My turn out great!(i didn't have much time to wait for it to mold, so i put it in the freezer) We loved the raspberry sauce.And i love that's fat-free!"
"Mine did not mold. I refridgerated it for a couple hours. Do not know why. Also, I don't think it had a whole lot of flavor."