This is the best way I've found to use up ripe bananas.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- In a small bowl, cream butter and 6 tablespoons sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in banana and sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Combine the walnuts, cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- Spoon half of batter into a greased 6-cup fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with nut mixture; top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
Originally published as Sour Cream Banana Coffee Cake in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook 2003, p265
Reviews for Sour Cream Banana Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review