Sour Cream Banana Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and 6 tablespoons sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in banana and sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Combine the walnuts, cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- 2. Spoon half of batter into a greased 6-cup fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with nut mixture; top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 slice: 108 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream Banana Coffee Cake
"This was very good although I made it in a loaf pan because I didn't have a small bundt pan. I'd definitely double next time as my husband ate almost half of it he said it was so good. I think the noted 16 servings should be changed to 8 servings, at least for me, more like 4 servings for my husband. :-) Nice change for using ripe bananas."
"Great for a single family"
"I usually double the recipe, but it's always fantastic!"
"this is delicious, I doubled the recipe one of my co-workers wants me to make this all time"