Sour Cream Banana Coffee Cake Recipe
This is the best way I've found to use up ripe bananas.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. + cooling YIELD:16 servings
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 8 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup mashed ripe banana
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1. In a small bowl, cream butter and 6 tablespoons sugar. Beat in egg and vanilla. Stir in banana and sour cream. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture. Combine the walnuts, cinnamon and remaining sugar.
- 2. Spoon half of batter into a greased 6-cup fluted tube pan. Sprinkle with nut mixture; top with remaining batter. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 108 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC