I just love this wonderful, moist banana bread! No one can ever tell it's been "lightened up." —Stephanie Marchese
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coat a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine the bananas, egg substitute, oil, sour cream and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (18 slices).
Originally published as Sour Cream Banana Bread in Country Woman May/June 2003, p37
Reviews for Sour Cream Banana Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review