- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- Coat a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with cooking spray and dust with flour; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Combine the bananas, egg substitute, oil, sour cream and vanilla; stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (18 slices).
Reviews for Sour Cream Banana Bread
Sort By :
"One of the very best banana breads I have ever had! Big hit at my house and we are lucky if it lasts even one day!"
"Definitely a keeper! My banana bread is never moist, the sour cream made this bread very moist & delicious. Very good!"
"I have made this recipe several times. I use brown rice flour & greek yogurt instead of all-purpose flour and sour cream. I also add some unsweetened applesauce to make up for the dryness of the brown rice flour. Wonderful!!!"
"Sorry to be a party pooper. Not my favorite banana bread recipe. It's missing that "wow" factor for me.~ Theresa"
"Loved this! But, as always I made changes. Used eggs, not substitute. Used regular sour cream, not low fat. But I did sub 9 heaping Tlbs of flax seed and lowered "veg" oil by 3+ Tlbs. Also added lots of blueberry juice infused "Craisins" and a heavy dose of vanilla bean paste. Doubled the recipe and turned out great. Next time though I will add another banana, mine were on the small side. This will be my "go-to" banana bread recipe from now on:) Husband loved it and he's the bb lover!"