Sour Cream Banana Bread
I just love this wonderful, moist banana bread! No one can ever tell it's been "lightened up." —Stephanie Marchese
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup fat-free sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Coat a 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan with cooking spray and dust with flour;
- set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Combine the bananas, egg substitute, oil, sour cream and vanilla;
- stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Pour into prepared pan. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a
- toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from
- pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 loaf (18 slices).
Nutritional Facts: One slice equals 186 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 1 mg cholesterol, 332 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1 fat.