Sour Cream Apple Squares Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- Whipped cream, optional
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and butter; beat at low speed until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Press about 2-3/4 cups into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- 2. To the remaining crumb mixture, add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt, sour cream, vanilla and egg. Beat until thoroughly combined. Stir in apples. Spoon evenly over crust. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 320 calories, 14 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 45 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream Apple Squares
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.