- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- Whipped cream, optional
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar and butter; beat at low speed until crumbly. Stir in nuts. Press about 2-3/4 cups into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan.
- To the remaining crumb mixture, add the cinnamon, baking soda, salt, sour cream, vanilla and egg. Beat until thoroughly combined. Stir in apples. Spoon evenly over crust. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Garnish with whipped cream if desired. Yield: 12-15 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Apple Squares
Sort By :
"This was moist and very tasty. I took it out of the oven at 25 mins. It was cooked. My oven runs hot, though."
"Made this exactly as written and we loved it! Moist and full of flavor"
"I also made this from a Pillsbury recipe inte 70's. It's very good with a scoop of vanilla icecream!"
"I too misplaced this recipe and am happy to recover it. We sometimes made it with a cream sauce."
"This recipe was really easy and absolutely delicious!"