Sour Cream Apple Pie Recipe
A cool, creamy version of the original, this delicious dessert is the perfect finish to a satisfying summer meal. Its crumbly topping and smooth apple filling are crowd-pleasers! Be prepared to serve seconds. —Sharon Bickett, Chester, South Carolina
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1 unbaked pie shell (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1. In a large bowl, beat eggs. Add sour cream. Stir in sugar, 2 tablespoons flour, vanilla and salt; mix well. Gently stir in apples. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 375° for 15 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, combine brown sugar and remaining flour; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over top of pie. Bake 20 to 25 minutes longer or until filling is set. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve or cover and refrigerate. Yield: 8 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC