Sour Cream Apple Coffee Cake Recipe
I wish I could give credit where it's due, but I don't remember where this recipe originated. It seems as soon as this coffee cake is out of the oven, my family has it eaten!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min. YIELD:9 servings
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream to the creamed mixture. Fold in apples. Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until done. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 472 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC