Sour Cream Apple Coffee Cake Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream to the creamed mixture. Fold in apples. Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until done. Yield: 9 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 472 calories, 23 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 99 mg cholesterol, 432 mg sodium, 60 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream Apple Coffee Cake
"Beautiful texture and flavor, this was wonderful."
"This turned out awesome! For the topping I used 1/4 c brown sugar, 1 tbsp butter, 1 tbsp flour and 1 tsp cinnamon."
"Moist and delicious coffee cake. I will be making this again!"
"Kids loved it!"
"I've been making this for a while now. My family loves it, along with co-workers and parishiner from church. This is one of my favorites easy and delicious!!!!!"