I wish I could give credit where it's due, but I don't remember where this recipe originated. It seems as soon as this coffee cake is out of the oven, my family has it eaten!
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1-1/2 cups chopped peeled tart apples
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon apple pie spice
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Combine flour, baking soda and salt; add alternately with sour cream to the creamed mixture. Fold in apples. Spoon into a greased 9-in. square baking pan. In a small bowl, mix topping ingredients; sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until done. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream Apple Coffee Cake in Bountiful Harvest Cookbook 1994, p73
Reviews for Sour Cream Apple Coffee Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2011
"Moist and delicious coffee cake. I will be making this again!"
Reviewed Dec. 28, 2010
"Kids loved it!"
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2010
"I've been making this for a while now. My family loves it, along with co-workers and parishiner from church. This is one of my favorites easy and delicious!!!!!"