Sour Cream Apple Chicken Recipe
I've found that apples and chicken go well together because they both have subtle flavors. I developed this recipe myself. I think it's not only a great-tasting main course, it also looks nice on the table.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple juice or cider
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Cooked spinach noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until browned and no longer pink inside, about 6-8 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Add apples, juice, onion, basil and salt to the skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until apples are tender.
- 2. Combine sour cream and flour; add to skillet. Stir and cook until sauce is warm (do not boil). Arrange noodles on a serving platter. Top with chicken. Spoon apple sauce over all. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 330 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC