Sour Cream Apple Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup apple juice or cider
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Cooked spinach noodles
- 1. In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil over medium heat until browned and no longer pink inside, about 6-8 minutes per side. Remove from skillet and keep warm. Add apples, juice, onion, basil and salt to the skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer until apples are tender.
- 2. Combine sour cream and flour; add to skillet. Stir and cook until sauce is warm (do not boil). Arrange noodles on a serving platter. Top with chicken. Spoon apple sauce over all. Sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 330 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 103 mg cholesterol, 381 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 25 g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream Apple Chicken
"this recipe was just ok there was nothing special about it and just didn't taste that good all you can really taste is just warm bitter apples so you can imagine definitely would not make again"
"Very Delicious! I added celery and carrots for color and served with mashed potatoes since my husband is not a fan of pasta."