Sour Cream Anise Cookies
I first made these drop cookies when I had my arm in a cast and was anxious to return to the kitchen. That should tell you just how easy these are to prepare! You'll love the subtle licorice flavor from the anise.—Mina Dyck, Boissevain, Manitoba
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 15 min./batch
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the honey, sour cream and eggs; beat well. Combine the flour,
- baking soda, aniseed and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at
- 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire
- rack. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 123 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 73 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white