Sour Cream Anise Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the honey, sour cream and eggs; beat well. Combine the flour, baking soda, aniseed and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Anise Cookies(2)
Sort By :
The cookies have a nice, fluffy texture -- almost like little cakes. The anise flavor is very, very subtle. Next time I make them I will add more anise seed because I prefer a stronger flavor.
I used butter for shortening. They were yummy with not too strong of an anise flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >