Sour Cream Anise Cookies Recipe
I first made these drop cookies when I had my arm in a cast and was anxious to return to the kitchen. That should tell you just how easy these are to prepare! You'll love the subtle licorice flavor from the anise.Mina Dyck, Boissevain, Manitoba
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon aniseed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the honey, sour cream and eggs; beat well. Combine the flour, baking soda, aniseed and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: about 8 dozen.
Originally published as Sour Cream Anise Cookies in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p41
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Sour Cream Anise Cookies(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 1, 2012
I used butter for shortening. They were yummy with not too strong of an anise flavor.
More Recipe Collections
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Desserts >
- Low Sodium Recipes >