- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a
- floured 3-in. round cutter. Place a rounded teaspoon of filling on
- one side of each circle; fold dough over filling. Press edges with a
- fork to seal. Prick tops with a fork. Reroll scraps; repeat.
- Place on greased baking sheets. Beat egg with water; brush over
- turnovers. Bake at 450° for 12-15 minutes or until lightly
- browned. Yield: about 4-1/2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 turnover equals 61 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.