Sour Cream 'n' Dill Chicken Recipe
With six children—16 to 6—and two boarders, it seems I'm always cooking for a crowd. (My husband says that we must have a revolving door!) So almost every recipe I use is doubled or tripled. This one is an updated version of the Sunday dinner my mother would have prepared—and the latest favorite with my family. You can easily get it ready Sunday morning, slip it in the oven, set the time and let it cook while you're away at church.
- 8 to 10 chicken pieces, skin removed
- Pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Cooked wide egg noodles, optional
- 1. Place chicken in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper. Combine the soup, soup mix, sour cream, lemon juice, dill and mushrooms; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken is tender. Serve over egg noodles if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews for Sour Cream 'n' Dill Chicken
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC