Sour Cream 'n' Dill Chicken
With six children—16 to 6—and two boarders, it seems I'm always cooking for a crowd. (My husband says that we must have a revolving door!)
So almost every recipe I use is doubled or tripled. This one is an updated version of the Sunday dinner my mother would have prepared—and the latest favorite with my family. You can easily get it ready Sunday morning, slip it in the oven,
4-6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 1 hour
- 8 to 10 chicken pieces, skin removed
- Pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Cooked wide egg noodles, optional
- Place chicken in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish.
- Sprinkle with pepper. Combine the soup, soup mix, sour cream, lemon
- juice, dill and mushrooms; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken is tender.
- Serve over egg noodles if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.