- 8 to 10 chicken pieces, skin removed
- Pepper to taste
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- Cooked wide egg noodles, optional
- Place chicken in a single layer in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with pepper. Combine the soup, soup mix, sour cream, lemon juice, dill and mushrooms; pour over chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 hour or until chicken is tender. Serve over egg noodles if desired. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Sour Cream 'n' Dill Chicken
"So delicious, was a hit. Tender and very flavorful . Wouldn't change a thing so easy to put together. I served it over egg noodles and peas on the side. Will be making this again."
"Also an all time favourite of mine. I use chicken breasts and serve with mashed potatoes. It is a very easy weekday meal that uses ingredients I always have on hand."
"Lots of the readers work full time and appreciate any time saving steps in recipes. This is not a gourmet recipe site but a home cooked meals site. Our moms used soups to flavor meals. As my mother said if you don't have anything nice to say dont say anything at all!My family really enjoy the taste and I appreciate getting to eat something that tastes great before 9 PM!!!"
"envelope onion soup mix, canned mushroom soup, canned mushrooms?? I wouldn't feed this meal to a dog. Might as well go to MacDonals."
"I accidentally forgot to put the sour cream in it and everyone still loved it. in fact they said the next time i make it not to put the sour cream in cause it might mess with the taste they like! also i didnt use egg noodles...i made rice and green beans instead. tasted great!"