Sour Cream 'n' Chive Potatoes Recipe
These rich, creamy mashed potatoes are special enough for company, but my family won't wait for that. So I make them for everyday meals as well. The snipped chives add a nice touch of green to a springtime meal. -Vikki Rebholz, West Chester, Ohio
- 5-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Drain well.
- 2. In a large bowl, mash the potatoes, sour cream, milk and butter. Add the chives, pepper and remaining salt; mix well. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 201 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 648 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC