These rich, creamy mashed potatoes are special enough for company, but my family won't wait for that. So I make them for everyday meals as well. The snipped chives add a nice touch of green to a springtime meal. -Vikki Rebholz, West Chester, Ohio
Recommended: 25 New Ways to Make Mashed Potatoes
- 5-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes, sour cream, milk and butter. Add the chives, pepper and remaining salt; mix well. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream 'n' Chive Potatoes in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p33
Reviews for Sour Cream 'n' Chive Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2012
"Wow, these are so good! We left the skins on for sure.~ Theresa"
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2010
"These were very good. I left the skins on and just cubed and boiled them. They were delicious!"