These rich, creamy mashed potatoes are special enough for company, but my family won't wait for that. So I make them for everyday meals as well. The snipped chives add a nice touch of green to a springtime meal. -Vikki Rebholz, West Chester, Ohio
- 5-1/2 pounds potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Place potatoes in a Dutch oven; cover with water. Add 1 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 20-25 minutes or until potatoes are very tender. Drain well.
- In a large bowl, mash the potatoes, sour cream, milk and butter. Add the chives, pepper and remaining salt; mix well. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Sour Cream 'n' Chive Potatoes in Taste of Home April/May 2003, p33
Reviews for Sour Cream 'n' Chive Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 5, 2012
"Wow, these are so good! We left the skins on for sure.~ Theresa"
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2010
"These were very good. I left the skins on and just cubed and boiled them. They were delicious!"