Sour Cream 'n' Chive Biscuits
I grow chives in my front yard and like to use them in as many recipes as I can. These moist, tender biscuits are delectable as well as attractive.—Lucile H. Proctor, Panguitch, Utah
12-15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Cut in shortening until
- mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With a fork, stir in sour cream,
- milk and chives until the mixture forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead five to six times. Roll to
- 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on an
- ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
- Yield: 12-15 biscuits.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 126 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 9 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.