Sour Cream 'n' Chive Biscuits Recipe
I grow chives in my front yard and like to use them in as many recipes as I can. These moist, tender biscuits are delectable as well as attractive.Lucile H. Proctor, Panguitch, Utah
- 2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup shortening
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup minced chives
- In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. Cut in shortening until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With a fork, stir in sour cream, milk and chives until the mixture forms a ball.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead five to six times. Roll to 3/4-in. thickness; cut with a 2-in. biscuit cutter. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: 12-15 biscuits.
Originally published as Sour Cream 'n' Chive Biscuits in Taste of Home April/May 1996, p41
Reviews for Sour Cream 'n' Chive Biscuits(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review