Sour Cream & Onion Potato Bake Recipe
This might just turn into your go-to recipe for potatoes when you're hosting a dinner party. You can whip it up before the guest arrive and it can bake while you attend to them.—Susan Marshall, Colorado Springs, Colorado
- 5 cups mashed potatoes
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, milk, butter, green onions, sour cream, egg yolks, salt, lemon juice and white pepper.
- 2. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; fold into potato mixture. Transfer to a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish; sprinkle with paprika.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 9 servings.
3/4 cup: 230 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 119mg cholesterol, 657mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 0 fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Sour Cream & Onion Potato Bake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC