Here's my go-to recipe for biscuits. Brushing them with the garlic-butter topping before baking seals the deal! —Amy Martin, Vancouver, WA
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients. Cut in cold butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs; stir in cheese. Add milk and sour cream; stir just until moistened.
- Drop by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Mix topping ingredients; brush over tops. Bake 12-15 minutes or until light brown. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Sour Cream & Cheddar Biscuits in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p64
Reviews for Sour Cream & Cheddar Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review