Sour Cherry Sorbet
“My mother-in-law has a sour cherry tree in her yard that yields many quarts of cherries each June, and this is a great way to use some up,” notes Carol Gaus of Itasca, Illinois. “This frosty sweet-sour sorbet is a refreshing treat on a hot summer day.”
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + freezing
- 3 cups frozen pitted tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine or grape juice
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place cherries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed.
- Add remaining ingredients; cover and pulse until blended. Transfer
- puree to a freezer container. Freeze 1 hour or until edges begin to
- firm; stir. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- Just before serving, transfer to a blender food processor; cover and
- process 2-3 minutes or until smooth
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/3 cup equals 175 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.