Sour Cherry Sorbet Recipe
- 3 cups frozen pitted tart cherries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup white wine or grape juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1. Place cherries in a food processor; cover and process until pureed. Add remaining ingredients; cover and pulse until blended. Transfer puree to a freezer container. Freeze 1 hour or until edges begin to firm; stir. Freeze 2 hours longer or until firm.
- 2. Just before serving, transfer to a blender food processor; cover and process 2-3 minutes or until smooth Yield: 6 servings.
1/3 cup equals 175 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 198 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.