Soupy Chicken Noodle Supper
At least once a week my six-year-old son, also known as Doctor John, hands me a “prescription” for chicken noodle soup. Needless to say, I'm always happy to fill it. —Heidi Hall, North St. Paul, Minnesota
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium carrot, sliced
- 1 celery rib, sliced
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups water
- 4 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 cups uncooked wide egg noodles
- 1-1/2 cups cubed rotisserie chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Hot cooked stuffing, optional
- In a large saucepan, heat butter over medium-high heat. Add carrot,
- celery and onion; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in water, bouillon and seasonings; bring to a boil. Add noodles;
- cook, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until tender. Stir in chicken, soup
- and sour cream; heat through. If desired, serve with stuffing.
- Yield: 4 servings.