Souper Joes Recipe
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 tablespoon onion soup mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 hamburger buns, split
- 1. In a large saucepan, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in soup and soup mix; heat through. Stir in cheese until melted. Place about 1/3 cupful on each bun. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (prepared with lean ground beef, low-fat mushroom soup, reduced-sodium onion soup mix and reduced-fat cheese; calculated without the bun) equals 162 calories, 8 g fat (0 saturated fat), 30 mg cholesterol, 256 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.