Souped-Up Pork Supper
Tomato soup, onion soup mix and fresh vegetables lend flavor to these speedy pork chops from Myra Innes of Auburn, Kansas. "You don't really have to watch them while they cook, so you can sit and visit...or get the rest of the meal ready," she says.
6 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 30 min.
- 6 bone-in pork loin chops (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced green pepper
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- Hot cooked rice or noodles
- Place pork chops in a microwave-safe dish with bone side facing the
- center. In a bowl, combine the soup, soup mix, onion, green pepper
- and mushrooms; pour over chops.
- Cover and microwave at 50% power for 22-26 minutes, turning dish
- every 5 minutes and turning chops once. Serve over rice or noodles.
- Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Tangley Oaks Pinot Noir 2012 CA
, pinot nose with great raspberry and plum flavors...a perfectly balanced lighter wine. Buy now and get 4 bottles for $59.99. Order Now