Soup in a Hurry
Serve up this soup with corn bread and fruit and you have a delicious and simple supper.—Eleanor Holmes, Fairview, Oklahoma
10 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 25 min.
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef, cooked and drained
- 2 cans (10-3/4 ounces each) condensed minestrone soup, undiluted
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) chili beans, undrained
- 1 can (14-1/4 ounces) Mexican diced or stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1/2 to 1 cup mild, medium or hot picante sauce
- In a large saucepan, combine all ingredients. Mix well and bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Yield: 8-10 servings (10 cups).
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 219 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 567 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 19 g protein.