Soup for Two Recipe
This comforting and colorful soup from field editor Margery Bryan of Royal City, Washington is loaded with old-fashioned goodness. The flavorful broth is chock-full of veggies, chicken and macaroni. "By changing the vegetables, you can make it different every time," Margery notes.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 2/3 cup cubed cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup cauliflowerets
- 1/2 cup canned kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup uncooked elbow macaroni
- 1 cup torn fresh spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Seasoned salad croutons, optional
- In a large saucepan, saute onion and carrot in butter for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Stir in the broth, chicken, cauliflower, beans and macaroni. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until macaroni and vegetables are tender. Add spinach and pepper; cook and stir until spinach is wilted. Garnish with croutons if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Soup for Two in Taste of Home June/July 2002, p11
Reviews for Soup for Two
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 3, 2010
Very good soup, would also taste good with leftover beef instead of chicken.