Soup Carrot Coins
I have always loved the carrots in my mom's chicken soup, so I tried to imitate the flavor in this side dish.Denise Loewenthal, Hinckley, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- Dash pepper
- In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add the remaining ingredients;
- return to a boil. Reduce heat; Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or
- until carrots are tender. Drain; discard bay leaf. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3/4 cup) equals 59 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 446 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.