Soup Carrot Coins Recipe
I have always loved the carrots in my mom's chicken soup, so I tried to imitate the flavor in this side dish.—Denise Loewenthal, Hinckley, Ohio
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 3-1/2 cups sliced fresh carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon dried celery flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 bay leaf
- Dash pepper
- 1. In a saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Add the remaining ingredients; return to a boil. Reduce heat; Cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until carrots are tender. Drain; discard bay leaf. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 59 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 446mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Soup Carrot Coins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC