- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a nonstick Dutch oven, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cabbage, water, rice, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, basil, cayenne and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and salt; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Soup-Bowl Cabbage Rolls
Sort By :
"This recipe is wonderful!!!! Since I love cabbage rolls this is a short version and just as good!I have shared this recipe with everyone in my family!!!!"
"my husband and I loved it but it needed a bit more flavor. I added garlic and 1/4 cup catsup to give it more tomato flavor."
"Very tasty w/o making cabbage rolls. I used ground turkey, brown rice, and cut recipe in half. I added a splash of lemon juice at the end. Hubby said recipe is a keeper."
"Really enjoyed this recipe. I added extra 1/2 tsp of salt but left the rest as the recipe is written so I can give my honest opinion. Next time i make it I will add more garlic and onion. Possibly use brown rice."
"This one is a keeper. I use brown rice, which needs to cook longer, and this is good for the cabbage, which really does need to cook longer than the recipe states. Still quick enough for a weeknight, though!"