Soup-Bowl Cabbage Rolls Recipe
This fabulous alternative to traditional stuffed cabbage rolls is simple to assemble, so it’s handy for busy weeknights. It’s very filling and has plenty of fiber from the cabbage.—Terri Pearce, of Houston, Texas.
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 small head cabbage, chopped
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- 1. In a nonstick Dutch oven, cook beef and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the cabbage, water, rice, Worcestershire sauce, onion powder, basil, cayenne and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25-30 minutes or until rice is tender.
- 2. Stir in tomatoes and salt; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
2-1/4 cups (calculated without cheese) equals 397 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 56 mg cholesterol, 707 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 9 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Soup-Bowl Cabbage Rolls
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC