These waffles freeze well, so toast them all week long. For a fall version, substitute 1/2 cup pumpkin puree for 1/2 cup of milk. —Jeanne Stickell, Tucson, Arizona
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 packets instant maple and brown sugar or apple cinnamon oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the milk, eggs and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 10 waffles.
Originally published as Soul-Satisfying Oatmeal Waffles in Taste of Home August/September 2012, p63
Reviews for Soul-Satisfying Oatmeal Waffles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review