- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 packets instant maple and brown sugar or apple cinnamon oatmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- Maple syrup
- In a large bowl, mix the first six ingredients. In another bowl, whisk the milk, eggs and butter. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in pecans.
- Bake in a preheated waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions until golden brown. Serve with syrup. Yield: 10 waffles.
Reviews for Soul-Satisfying Oatmeal Waffles
Sort By :
My family loved these and they were quick and easy to prepare. The instant oatmeal packets are a unique twist! The only thing I did different was I left out the nuts. Would definitely make these again!
Used the suggested 1/2 cup pumpkin instead of one of the 1/2 cups of milk - yielded a nice flavor balance to the chopped pecans. We didn't have any instant oatmeal packets so I substituted 1 cup old fashioned oats and 1 Tbsp brown sugar for the 2 packets the recipe calls for. The batter was pretty thick with the pumpkin and old fashioned oats, but it cooked nicely in the waffle iron when spread out before closing the lid. The kitchen smelled really nice with the cinnamon cooking. Overall, a nice waffle recipe that our two year old loved.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Kids Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Mother's Day Brunch Recipes >
- Mother's Day Recipes >
- Nut Recipes >
- Pecan Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Breakfast >
- Taste of Home Magazine Brunch Recipes >